With summer festivities in full swing, you’re going to be doing a lot of driving these next few months. Whether you are driving, or you are a passenger, it’s important to be safe on the road to avoid truck accidents.
TIPS FOR REGULAR DRIVERS:
Driving to our summer destination can make us excited and jittery, but don’t let your excitement interfere with your driving, especially when there are trucks on the road. Keep your eyes peeled on the road at all times and make sure you are remaining within 3 mph above or below the speed limit.
- Be on the lookout for trucks and be cautious of their blind spot by maintaining the visibility of mirrors
- Allow trucks at least four to six seconds of space in wet conditions and while traveling on the highway
- Always observe a truck’s signal before passing
- Do not pass a large truck on the right while it is making a right turn
- Report any unsafe driving to the authorities
TIPS FOR TRUCK DRIVERS:
If you are driving a truck, the likelihood that you are driving a far distance is very likely. During these far drives, it is common to become tired and bored on the road. Before going on your trip, eat a heavy meal to make sure you are alert and energized for your ride. This will assist you in staying awake and providing you with the energy you need to stay attentive on your drive and avoid truck accidents.
- Keep a safe distance from cars
- Reduce speed in work zones
- Drive defensively and maintain your truck
- Know your truck before you drive it
- Make sure to do preventative maintenance/pre-trip vehicle inspections
- Make sure your load is properly secured
As you drive down the highway this summer with your windows down and tunes up, make sure you are paying extra attention to the road. Be on the lookout for trucks and follow these tips. If you or someone you know has been involved in an accident, contact our Baltimore truck accident lawyers at Spector Injury & Accident Lawyers for more assistance.